"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens: a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace. What do workers gain from their toil? I have seen the burden God has laid on the human race. {He has made everything beautiful in its time.} He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end. I know that there is nothing better for people than to be happy and to do good while they live. That each of them may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all their toil—this is the gift of God. I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it."
-Ecclesiastes 3:1-14

Sunday, January 1, 2012

{What do I wait for? My hope is in You!}




{Waiting}. That is a word to summarize 2012. Waiting on the Lord's timing. Direction. Confirmation. Answers.

Life is a big question mark right now- where should I live? Should I add on more classes? Where should I intern? Where should I work? What should I do after I graduate? When should I move out? Who should I room with? Should I start going to a Bible study? Which Bible study should I go to? What is my life plan? What should I be aiming for?

{Waiting}. A difficult virtue, but one that yields many rewards.

The one who waits on the Lord, is the one who experiences sweeter fellowship with Him...and the one He uses more fully. Look at King David, as an example.

With this thought in mind...here are some good verses I found on the {virtue} of waiting.

What do I wait for? My hope is in You!

Happy 2012!!!!!!

With love,
Mollie


“And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.” (Galatians 6:9)

“Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.” (1 Peter 5: 6-7)

“The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, to the soul who seeks Him. It is good that one should hope and wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord.” (Lamentations 3:25-26)

“I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in His word I do hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than those who watch for the morning …” (Psalm 130:5-6)

“The eyes of all look expectantly to You, and You give them their food in due season.” (Psalm 145:15)

“Wait on the Lord; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the Lord!” (Psalm 27:14)

My times are in Your hand; deliver me from the hand of my enemies, and from those who persecute me.” (Psalm 31:15)

“Truly my soul silently waits for God; from Him comes my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be greatly moved … My soul, wait silently for God alone, for my expectation is from Him. He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be moved.” (Psalm 62:1-2, 5-6)

“And now, Lord, what do I wait for? My hope is in You. Deliver me from all my transgressions …(Psalm 39:7-8)

“I waited patiently for the Lord; and He inclined to me, and heard my cry. He also brought me up out of a horrible pit, out of miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my steps.” (Psalm 40:1-2)

“Wait on the Lord, and keep His way, and He shall exalt you to inherit the land …. ” (Psalm 37:34)

“For evildoers shall be cut off; but those who wait on the Lord, they shall inherit the earth. For yet a little while and the wicked shall be no more …” (Psalm 37:7)

“Lead me in Your truth and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; on You I wait all the day.” (Psalm 25:5)

“Let integrity and uprightness preserve me, for I wait for You.” (Psalm 25:21)

“He has made everything beautiful in its time … God shall judge the righteous and the wicked, for there shall be a time there for every purpose and for every work.” (Ecclesiastes 3:11,17)

“And I will wait on the Lord, who hides His face from the house of Jacob; and I will hope in Him.” (Isaiah 8:17)

“But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.” (Isaiah 40: 31)

” … in hope of eternal life which God, who cannot lie, promised before time began, but has in due time manifested His word through preaching …” (Titus 1: 2-3)

And He said to them, “It is not for you to know the times or seasons which the Father has put in His own authority.” (Acts 1:7)

” .. that you keep this commandment without spot, blameless until our Lord Jesus Christ’s appearing, which He will manifest in His own time, He who is blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings and Lord of lords …” (1 Timothy 6:14-15)

"Wait upon the Lord and hope will rise as stars appear when day is dimming..."

No comments:

Post a Comment