"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens: a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace. What do workers gain from their toil? I have seen the burden God has laid on the human race. {He has made everything beautiful in its time.} He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end. I know that there is nothing better for people than to be happy and to do good while they live. That each of them may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all their toil—this is the gift of God. I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it."
-Ecclesiastes 3:1-14

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Looking Back: 2010-2011 School Year


2010 was one of the best summers I have ever had. The highlight was two and a half weeks in South Africa where I grew exponentially, got to meet a lot of wonderful people, discovered more what my gifts are and how I can use them, and realized that people and ministry are where I want to spend my energy and focus- and life.
I went straight from two and a half weeks in South Africa, to a week in Nevada with my family, to four days in Palm Springs on Servant Leadership Staff retreat, to Week of Welcome, and directly into fall semester 2010. It was exhausting- but if I had to be completely worn out and incapacitated, I wouldn’t have had it any other way.
At the risk of sounding cliché and repetitive, fall semester was also one of the best semesters I have ever had. I grew really close to my wing, made wonderful new friendships, loved being on Servant Leadership Staff, and was stretched in ways I never could have imagined. The Lord taught me about friendships…about family…about discipleship…about growing up…about the importance of being in His Word…about letting go…about contentment…about ministry. There are so many memories from the fall that just make me smile.
This year, life was crazier than it’s ever been, but I LOVED every minute of it. I loved being on SLS…being discipled…getting to know my wing…working with 4th graders at church…nannying…my academics…hanging out with my family…being an aunt…being more actively involved in the student body at Master’s and doing new, crazy, ridiculous things like being a Spring Sing judge, winning Make Your Mother Proud, and having a small, cheesy role in Year End Show.
If there is one word that summarizes the way I feel after looking back on this past school year, it would be {thankfulness.}
But because a “picture is worth a 1,000 words” I decided to show you instead some of my favorite pictures that encapsulate the moments, the lessons, and the memories that comprised my 2010-2011 school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment