"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens: a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace. What do workers gain from their toil? I have seen the burden God has laid on the human race. {He has made everything beautiful in its time.} He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end. I know that there is nothing better for people than to be happy and to do good while they live. That each of them may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all their toil—this is the gift of God. I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it."
-Ecclesiastes 3:1-14

Thursday, May 26, 2011

It's the Little Things that Matter :)


“Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things" -Robert Brault

So while I would have LOVED to have nannyed or worked at Gap more this week- alas, this was not to be.

So instead I found myself filling up my time with a bunch of random activities: coffee dates with friends, working out with my sisters, blogging, watching crime drama shows, reading about Princess Diana, enjoying some phone and Skype sessions, and my personal favorite- lying out in the backyard to catch some rays, sipping my Starbucks green tea lemonade, and listening to Owl City. :)

Even though it would have been nice to have made more money this week and to have been more productive with my time- I know the Lord created relaxation for a reason. The simple, fun things I have gotten to enjoy, that I don't normally get to do when I am running 70mph in every direction, has reminded me that it's the little things that matter.

So be a productive and God-honoring steward with your time this summer, but don't forget to stop and smell the roses. :)

And with that said I will share with you a favorite quote and a song that reminds me to cherish the "little things,"

["What do we have today? Whatever it may be- a good friend, a hug, a freshly baked bagel, sunshine, a place to call home-can bring us joy because it is God's gift for our enjoyment. Taking joy in the little things is contentment”]
–Contentment: A Godly Woman’s Adornment, Lydia Brownback

">

No comments:

Post a Comment